Re: Sr Biological Half-Life

Hi Dale

I assume you will hospitalize the patient for 3 or 4 days and catheterize.
I assume you train nursing staff how to handle hot pee (very carefully) !!
I always include that in my training program for nurses on our radionuclide
therapy ward, as we usually have at least one patient a year who is
incontinent. I dont't think that the urine from Sr-89 therapy patients
poses any more hazard than I-131 treatments (probably less).  After all,
the max administered activity of Sr-89 is usually 4 mCi, while we happily
administer up to 200 mCi of I-131.

Good luck

Karin