Re: ion chamber vs GM

The most sensitive instrument for detecting this energy (assuming 40 -
200keV) may  be a scintillometer with 10 mm to 100 thick 50 mm diameter
sodium xtal. If the radiation may be via narrow beams it is the most
suitable instrument.

If the the energy range is wide a thin window Ion Chamber such as an
Eberline RO2  or Ludlum 9 with the slide open must be used to make a
measurement of dose rate. For this measurement the beam must totally
enclose the chamber. If it does not the measuremnt is meaningless.

Best Regards
M.Malaxos
Radiation Safety Services
69-71 Robinson Avenue Belmont