Re: Industrial radiography and computers

Interesting thread, many years ago I was reviewing the prototype testing of
some instruments being installed in a commercial nuc plant for post accident
monitoring.  Buried in the documentation was a description of the radiation
hardening testing of the devices.  Evidently, they were exposed to over 1
million rad of Cobalt 60 or Cesium-136 gamma radiation.  The location was a pit
in Taiwan, according to a systems engineer for the utility.  I am pretty sure
that most electronic equipment is protype tested for radiation hardening, but
not to the aforementioned levels.

High Plains Drifter
magna1@jps.net