Re: Curium-244

>I received a letter from a doctor asking for any pertinent clinical
>data that links exposure of Cm-244 to neurological pathological
>presentations.
>
>Is there a knowledgeable person out there to whom I can refer this
>physician?

Dear Mike -

The Handbook of Experimental Pharmacology, vol 36 (Uranium, Plutonium, and
the Transplutonium Elements - Hodge, Stannard, and Hursh, 1973) lists
organs of concern as bone and liver.  Brain and nerve tissues are not
mentioned.  Patricia Durbin is cited extensively in this book for her work
with virtually all of the transuranic elemets.  She might be a good person
to start with.  The HPS membership handbook says she is at LBNL and her
phone number is (415) 486-605.

I have read several of her papers in the past and she writes clearly and
authoritatively.

Andy

The opinions expressed above are well-reasoned and insightful.  Needless to
say, they are not those of my employer. (with apologies to Michael Feldman)

Andrew Karam, CHP  (karam.1@osu.edu)	(614) 292-1284 (phone)
The Ohio State University 					(614) 292-7002 (fax)
Office of Radiation Safety					"The mind is not a vessel to
1314 Kinnear Road						be filled but a fire to be
Columbus, OH  43212						lighted." (Plutarch)