Re: Question regarding transfer of a generally licensed RAM

You asked:
>We are about to receive an EC detector (head assembly only) and we
>have RAM license to possess this instrument. Can an end-user donate
>this instrument directly to us without a (distribution) license?

I have been advised by the head of compliance for our agreement state (IL)
that the requirement to for a distribution license only applies to the
initial distribution of an exempt source.  I have seen contrary opinions on
radsafe, however.  You might want to check with your licensing agency and
the one on the donor's end to get their opinions.  (In the final analysis,
those are the only opinions that count, anyway.)

Regards,
Dave Scherer
scherer@uiuc.edu