Re: Harshaw TLD info

> Wouldn't this beta response be mostly a function of the thickness of the
> chips rather than the phosphor composition? Otherwise, it's not obvious to
> me why there would be such a difference in response. If all TLD-100 chips
> are made at a single thickness, and all TLD-700 are also made at a single
> thickness, then the Tl-204 method would be universally applicable. But if
> chips are made in different thicknesses, the beta factors would vary by
> thickness and this method could result in misclassifying TLDs.

Bob's response is obviously a better method than I stated, since the
thickness is a key element. I suppose I am too used to having thinner
700 chips as compared to the 100 chips .. Must be the new found, DRY
mid 80 degree temps we've been experiencing here in S. Calif. the
past few days!!!
------------------
Sandy Perle
Technical Director