Re: Operational Technical Question

At 12:16 PM 3/11/98 -0600, you wrote:
>Tad: =20
> that traverses the ion chamber sensitive volume, and assumes that the x-ray=
> beam does not diverge as it traverses the sensitive volume.  Measuring the=
>>What type of correction factor should be applied (if any) when using

Some excellent suggestions have been made for auxilliary and alternative
measurements, but I do not think that beam divergence is of significance
here.  Although a divergent beam will intercept a larger volume of the
detector, any such spread corresponds to a decrease in beam intensity per
volume.  Any related effects would probably be much less than the those due
to the differences between the measurement obtained from a uniform beam
intercepting a partial volume of a detector and that from a chamber
uniformly irradiated by the beam that could be expected due to spatial
variations of effects within the detector.

Bob Hearn
rah@america.net