Antique Instruments - A Radsafe Success Story

Last year I put a notice on Radsafe about the availability of
some old HP equipment including a Nuclear Chicago Model
181 Scaler,  pig, associated detectors, and a "cutie pie".  In
response, we heard from about ten people who offered the
equipment a good home.  One of the responders was Mort
Goldman, who volunteers at the Smithsonian Institution,
Museum of American History, which has a wonderful science
and technology collection.  To make a long story short, Ken
Travis, who had the equipment, selected the Smithsonian as
the recipient.  Mort made the arrangements, and they
recently delivered the stuff to the Smithsonian.  It is now in
"America's attic".  Thanks to everyone who responded.
Radsafe comes through again !

One more request.  The Smithsonian would like to have more
information on the equipment, its manufacture and use.  In
particular they would like copies of the manuals for the
instruments.  If anyone has a Manual or other information he
or she would like to donate, please contact Mort Goldman,
Ken Travis, or me.  Thanks.

Joyce Davis
joyced@dnfsb.gov