Low Background Liquid Scintillation Counter

We are investigating a suitable LSC for analysis of low activity samples
(such as environmental samples). Our normal background counts from our
current LSC are 50-100 dpm (about 4500 feet above sea level). Only low BG
LSC I am aware is the TRI-CARB from Packard.
Are there any other similiar systems available?
I would appreciate to know from someone who use low BG LSC. What kind of
BG levels can I expect from these low BG LSC?  The TRI-CARB is more
expensive than I can afford at this time. We need a system which can
discriminate between alpha/beta.
Thank you in advance.

Myung Chul Jo, RSO <mjo@scs.unr.edu>
EH&S/MS 328