Re: NUREG - 0542

I also will be interested to find out if there is a NUREG 0542 pertaining to radioactive sealed sources (RSS). The only "542" publication that I am aware of dealing with RSSs is: American National Standard N542; "Sealed Radioactive Sources, Classification," approved Nov 9, 1977, issued Jul 1978. This document also contains the designation "NBS Handbook 126," because at that time, NBS published radiation safety-related standards. This ANSI N542-1977 was subsequently renumbered by the ANSI N43 committee as ANSI N43.6. This 1977 standard has been revised; its ANSI-approved revision is at the HPS Secretariat Office awaiting formal distribution to HPS members via the monthly HPS Newsletter.

Best regards David

At 11:45 AM 20-03-98 -0600, you wrote:
>Can anyone direct me to an online copy of NUREG - 0542 on sealed sources.
>
>Thank you in advance.
>
>Kurt Myers
>GTS Duratek
>2045 Route 286
>Pittsburgh, PA 15239
>Ph: 724-733-1900
>Fax: 724-327-8189
>e-mail: kmyers@gtsduratek.com

David W. Lee
Los Alamos National Laboratory
Radiation Protection Services Group (ESH-12)
PO Box 1663, MS K483
Los Alamos, NM 87545
PH: (505) 667-8085
FAX: (505) 667-9726