Re: Hanford Revisited.....

Harold Chaney wrote:

>  It appears that Congress has tuned in to the musings of the High Plains Drifter.
>
> WASHINGTON --The Senate Governmental Affairs Committee on Tuesday approved
> 8-4 a bill that would subject future health, safety and environmental rules to new
> cost-benefit tests.  The New York Times, (p. A16), 3/11.

I trust that this will work better than the NRC cost-benefit regulations
did vis-a-vis 10CFR20 revision.  As I remember it, the NRC found the
proposed revision not to be cost beneficial.  But it was promulgated
anyway.  So much for cost-benefit regulations.  Hopefully laws will be
more powerful than regulations.  Does anyone know exactly what bill this
is, the bill number?  Al Tschaeche antatnsu@pacbell.net