Planned Occupational Exposures

Dear Radsafers:
We are planning a modification of our reactor which will lead to exposures
to the staff. Other than the annual dose limit of 5 rem, do any of you
know of any guidance that exists for planning this kind of operation.

In the past there used to be quarterly limits and weekly limits, but now
there is only an annual limit. I realise that we can set our own in-house
action limits, and thats what I need the guidance for.

If any of you have experience in this area, please email me privately.

NOTE:I am not talking about PLANNED SPECIAL EXPOSURE.

Thanks for any input.

Ninni Jacob
Radiation Safety Officer
University of Rhode Island/