Re: Report Fetal Dose to NRC?

Sandy Perle wrote:

> There is no requirement to report any medically received exposure, be
> it internal or external.  Only occupational dose need be reported.
> ------------------
> Sandy Perle
> Technical Director
> ICN Dosimetry Division

Hi Sandy and All,

I think 10 CFR 35 requires reporting medical misadministrations to the
NRC. A misadministration includes radiation doses to patients which are
larger or smaller than planned.

Many hospitals have been fined by the NRC for failing to report these
doses.

Best regards,
Wes
--
Wesley R. Van Pelt, Ph.D., CIH, CHP                KF2LG
President, Van Pelt Associates, Inc.