Re: Contamination Resuspension

You wrote:

We are considering developing a handbook for radiological engineers on ALARA
and
radiological control techniques and methods.  one of the things we would
like
include in this handbook is planning for airborne contamination situations.
remember seeing somewhere a table or chart of resuspension factors for
surface
contamination under various conditions such as walking, sweeping, wire
brushing,
welding, grinding, etc.  It would also be nice to cover various surface
conditions such as dry, smooth, porous, wet, oily, etc.

If anyone has information or a good reference, please e-mail me directly at:

Harold.Reynolds@RFETS.gov

Thanks
Harry Reynolds
303-966-2708

The best reference I've seen is NUREG/CR-3332, "Radiological Assessment", by
John E. Till and H. Robert Meyer.  Table 5.8 on page 5-32 lists resuspension
factors, which are explained in the text.

It's not about dose, it's about trust.

Bill Lipton
liptonw@detroitedison.com