RE: AECL Whiteshell 2

I do not know if this is an April Fools joke or not, and I hope it is one.

I just received information that AECL Whiteshell laid off about 250 people
out of about 580 yesterday.

What was reported to me was, "This is in at least partial response to the
Canadian review panel's report released a few weeks ago.  The report says,
in essence, although the current AECL disposal concept is fine technically,
it lacks adequate social acceptance to proceed into the site selection
phase."

Does anyone else have confirmatory information on this layoff ?

Oops, the laws of netiquette regulate that I include my personal info.

Kevin J. Shenk
Lead Health Physicist
Kevin_shenk@notes.ymp.gov