Re: Appropriate Use of Respirator Protection Factors

In another galixy..etc...I used a particulate filter under an air
supplied bubble suit.  The reason was that the only place that we could
remove the bubble suit required the use of particulate respirators. (
yes we spray painted the plastic suits when the deconner left the hot
cell, and again prior to entry into the bubble suit removal area.) After
much concern, we developed a technique to have the deconner hold his
breath and a respirator was installed, after which, he explosively
exhalled.  NOse swipes and bioassay did not incicate any problems.  At
any rate, the protection factor of the bubble suit was appropriate.  The
primary contaminant was Curium-244 and some Cf-252.

Roy C. Craft, CHP
Bay City TX
rcraft@iamerica.net