NM Diagnostic Dose Policy - Universal Precautions

Our Radiation Safety Committee has decided to implement a policy of
utilizing standard Universal Precautions as the basic protective method for
our nursing staff following administration of a diagnostic dose in a medical
surgical health care setting.
Those of you involved with medical institutions, how do you manage the post
administration problems of vomiting, defecation, etc. when the fresh patient
does not quite make it into the toilet. (not a pretty sight but very real)
We have had some minor incidents before the first half life decay of a
Tc-99m dose and are wondering what the rest of the world has in their
nursing policy and procedures manuals that your could share with us down
South?
Remember, these are Nuclear Medicine diagnostic, not Radiation Oncology
therapy patient dose levels.
Snail mail a copy in confidence or please e-mail reply.
Thank you in advance,

Mark Steinbuchel, CHCM
Alternate Radiation Safety Officer
Huntsville Hospital System