Re: Road kill sampling method:

Plus, you only get the stupid ones!

Seriously though, I understand what you are talking about
having worked at ORNL where deer and skunks were hit
constantly.  I was actually trapped in my car one morning
by a family of skunks.  After all the changes at ORNL, I am
not sure who to contact over there, but you might get on
the web page and cold call someone.

On Thu, 9 Apr 1998 21:09:08 -0500 (CDT) MARK WINSLOW
<WINSLOW.MARK@epamail.epa.gov> wrote:

> Road kill sampling method:
>
> BNL uses a *road kill* sampling method for deer (A deer flesh sample is collected after it is run over by a car on site.)  However, not enough deer are hit by cars and therefor current data does not represent a comprehensive sample of the deer population.
>
> I was wondering if there were any other sites out there which use a similar sampling method?
>
> Mark Winslow
> US EPA - Region II
> winslow.mark@epamail.epa.gov

Disclaimer: These are my ramblings and have not been
authorized by Vanderbilt University in any way.

Andrea K. George, Sr. Safety Officer
Hazardous Materials Management
Vanderbilt University
Email: andrea.k.george@Vanderbilt.Edu