Re: Soil augers

At 02:57 PM 4/13/98 -0500, you wrote:
>Does anyone know of a vendor that sells soil augers?   I have seen 2.5" to
>3" diameter, that appear to be stainless steel, with a 3' to 4' "T" handle.

My experience with soil sampling involved an ASTM standard on sampling that
advocated the tool used by golf courses to cut the hole on the greens. The
device sounds like your description, too. If that is still the way things
are done, contact some local golf courses and ask them where they get theirs.

---------
Bob Flood
Dosimetry Group Leader
Stanford Linear Accelerator Center