Re: Re[2]: Road kill sampling method: -Reply -Reply

Sandy --

Too late ... we've been doing that for years ;-)

One of my staff jokingly stated a few years back
(and perhaps not inaccurately) that if we weren't the
Agreement State agency for the State of Georgia
we probably would have to get a radioactive
materials license to possess the fish that we were
collecting out of the Savannah River. I have to admit
that things appear to be MUCH better now ...
although you couldn't tell it from the new "No
Fishing" signs at mouths of SRS streams as they
enter the Savannah River.

By the way, it's not only 'gators, fish, turtles, deer
and hogs ... there are also migratory waterfowl that
winter on some of the site ponds ... Par Pond for
example. A study of banded ducks several years
ago tracked them as far north as Canada. And no ...
I have no desire to make a career tracking
radioactive duck $%^&*( ...

Jim Hardeman, Manager
Environmental Radiation Program
Environmental Protection Division
Georgia Department of Natural Resources
4244 International Parkway, Suite 114
Atlanta, GA 30354
(404) 362-2675  fax: (404) 362-2653
Jim_Hardeman@mail.dnr.state.ga.us

>>> "Sandy Perle" <sandyfl@earthlink.net>
04/21/98 14:39 >>>

In other words, an "unplanned release"  :>   better
go out and "tag" the wild-life and double bag them!

------------------
Sandy Perle
Technical Director
ICN Dosimetry Division
Costa Mesa, CA 92626
Office: (800) 548-5100 x2306
Fax:    (714) 668-3111

sandyfl@earthlink.net
sperle@icnpharm.com

ICN Dosimetry Website:
http://www.dosimetry.com

Personal Homepage:

              - G. K. Chesterton -

The opinions expressed are soley, absolutetly,
positively, definitely those of the author, and NOT
my employer