radiation therapy

A question came up during a course I gave today about whether or not
patients receiving radiation therapy, nuclear medicine treatments, and
other similar high-dose procedures have any increased incidence in cancer
(presumably other cancers, in the case of radiation oncology patients)
resulting from these doses.  Does anyone know of any studies that have been
performed in this area?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Sincerely,

Andy

The opinions expressed above are well-reasoned and insightful.  Needless to
say, they are not those of my employer. (with apologies to Michael Feldman)

Andrew Karam, MS, CHP					(614) 292-1284 (phone)
The Ohio State University 					(614) 292-7002 (fax)
Office of Radiation Safety					"The mind is not a vessel to
1314 Kinnear Road						be filled but a fire to be
Columbus, OH  43212						lighted." (Plutarch)
(karam.1@osu.edu)