Novoste Beta-Cath System

Dear Radsafers:

Anyone out there using the Novoste Beta-Cath system (Sr-90) for
treatment of restenosis?  Our radiation oncology and interventional
radiology groups are gearing up to participate in the clinical trial of this
device.  I have seen the NRC's information notice regarding problems
with this device.  The problems appear to be a combination of design and
operational problems, some of which include inadequate training.

Any insights, model training programs, recommendations, etc. would be
greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Mack R.

Mack L. Richard, M.S., R.S.O.
mrichard@wpo.iupui.edu
Phone:  (317) 274-0330    FAX:  (317) 274-2332