Input for NRC Byproduct Material Assessment

OPPORTUNITY TO FILL OUT NRC BYPRODUCT MATERIAL QUESTIONNAIRE

We sent a similar request out in mid-March, but received only a small number of responses. Fortunately, the responses were thoughtful and provided useful information. There are a large number of byproduct material licensees using a variety of applications. We could use more information. Your input is needed to supply the NRC with first-hand data. In other words, completing the questionnaire is time well spent. Unfortunately the clock is ticking. We would appreciate your input before mid-May. Thanks.

The original request follows:
My Company is under contract to the U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission to examine the feasibility of alternative approaches to the regulation of Byproduct Materials. We have created a questionnaire to obtain hard data and opinions from byproduct material licensees and the affected public that are relevant to an understanding of the real risks, costs and regulatory issues of the regulated, byproduct-material industry. We would like to obtain supplementary and confirmatory information from the users, i.e., the regulated community. Also, we are interested in your views of how to improve the effectiveness of regulations, e.g., by lowering costs to the licensees while adequately protecting the health and safety of the workers and the general public.

If you are interested in responding to this voluntary questionnaire, please go to the following address:

http://www.scientech.com/

and scroll to the bottom where the questionnaire is noted under "Special Topics."

Thanks in advance for your time.