Re: thyroid phantoms/sources

Well, which phantom do you want? You can get the ANSI Standard Thyroid Neck
Phantom, and the polyethylene bottles that are the "thyroids" from (among
other places) Biodex Medical Systems (formerly Atomic Products) at
516-924-9000. Isotope Products Labs would be glad to make a custom standard
(which, I assume, is what you mean by "source"), to meet your
specifications, I'm sure: 818-843-7000. I don't know of any routinely
manufactured "thyroids". The ANSI phantom costs about US$300. The Alderson
equivalent would be ten times as much.

chris alston
alstonc@odrge.odr.georgetown.edu