Subject: Re: Fw: Risk of accidental nuclear attack said rising
Author:  radsafe@romulus.ehs.uiuc.edu at INTERNET
Date:    5/2/98 9:07 AM

In a message dated 98-05-01 10:12:28 EDT, a comment was made:

<< Have
 >>you seen this very old and very good film with Peter Sellers - the title
 >was
 >>approximately "Mr. Strangelove or How I learned to love the bomb".
 >>Even in this film the launching of nuclear weapons had to undergo military
 >>rules including transmission of  codes.

The full name of the film was "Dr. Strangelove or: How I learned to stop
worrying and love the bomb" issued in 1963. It is one of the all time classic
black comedy films that should be rented and viewed by all. It featured Keenan
Wynn, James Earl Jones, and a SAC base commander character named Gen. Jack D.
Ripper [whose name I can't remember] who launches his B-52 bomber wing against
the FSU because the communists are poisoning our PBFs [precious bodily fluids]
with by introducing fluoridation into our water supply.

Stewart Farber
Public Health Sciences
radproject@aol.com
(401) 727-4947