Re: Re[3]: Fw: Risk of accidental nuclear attack said rising

Actually, in "Dr. Strangelove", Sterling Hayden played General Jack Ripper,
who was concerned about the "precious bodily fluids" and sent his B-52
bomber group off on a pre-emptive strike.

_________________________________

_________________________________
>Subject: Re: Fw: Risk of accidental nuclear attack said rising
>Author:  radsafe@romulus.ehs.uiuc.edu at INTERNET
>Date:    5/2/98 9:07 AM
>

>In a message dated 98-05-01 10:12:28 EDT, a comment was made:
>
><< Have
> >>you seen this very old and very good film with Peter Sellers - the title
> >was
> >>approximately "Mr. Strangelove or How I learned to love the bomb".
> >>Even in this film the launching of nuclear weapons had to undergo
military
> >>rules including transmission of  codes.
> >> >>
>The full name of the film was "Dr. Strangelove or: How I learned to stop
>worrying and love the bomb" issued in 1963. It is one of the all time
classic
>black comedy films that should be rented and viewed by all. It featured
Keenan
>Wynn, James Earl Jones, and a SAC base commander character named Gen. Jack
D.
>Ripper [whose name I can't remember] who launches his B-52 bomber wing
against
>the FSU because the communists are poisoning our PBFs [precious bodily
fluids]
>with by introducing fluoridation into our water supply.
>
>Stewart Farber
>Public Health Sciences
>radproject@aol.com
>(401) 727-4947

Eric Cowdrey
Radiation Protection Officer
Department of Medical Physics
Manitoba Cancer Treatment and Research Foundation
100 Olivia Street
Winnipeg, Manitoba  R3E 0V9
CANADA

Telephone: (204) 787-2166/4145