St Louis Chapter HPS Meeting

St Louis Chapter Health Physics Society Meeting Notice

MEETING DATE:		Tuesday, May 12, 1998

TIME:			Social at 5:30 p.m.
			Dinner at 6:00 p.m.
			Meeting at 7:00 p.m.
			Adjournment at 8:00 p.m.

SPEAKERS:		Mark Haenchen, Director of Environmental Safety and
Radiation
				 	Safety Officer for St. Louis
University
			Roger Moroney, Health Physicist for Mallinckrodt
Medical
			Neal G. Slaten, Supervising Engineer - Safety
Analysis in
				Radiological Engineering for AmerenUE
			Steve Passig, Health Physicist for Jacobs
Engineering Group

TOPIC:		NRC Training Requirements: How To Achieve Compliance

REGISTRATION:	$15.00 payable at the door - includes dinner
			OR
				FREE to members with paid 1998 Chapter Dues
			(1998 dues are $15.00 payable at the door)

RESERVATIONS:	Please call Dan Szatkowski at (314) 362-3479 or e-mail to
				szatkowski@mail.primary.net by Thursday, May
7, 1998

LOCATION:		Schneithorsts Hofamberg Inn 1600 S. Lindbergh Blvd.
			On Lindbergh at Clayton Ave. across from Plaza
Frontenac

Our Chapter needs your support.  Interest in our Chapter has been declining
in recent years.  We would like to turn that trend around starting with this
meeting.  Please make every effort to attend this meeting so we can
strengthen our local professional network.  It is also our goal for this
meeting to elect new Chapter officers.  If you have not yet been contacted
and you wish to be a part of the Chapter Executive Council please contact
Dan Szatkowski as soon as possible.

The National Health Physics Society has also asked for your support.  The
HPS Newsletter has requested ideas for articles and for individuals who can
prepare these articles.  If you are interested, the Chapter will help to get
your ideas and articles to print.

Roger Moroney
Technical Director - External Dosimetry Program
Health Physicist
Mallinckrodt
wrmoroe@mkg.com
314.654.7457 voice