Re: SECY-94-198 and associated Generic Letter

You wrote:

I'm trying to find an official copy of SECY-94-198, "Review of Existing
Guidance Concerning the Extended Storage of Low-Level Radioactive
Waste" and the associated NRC Generic Letter "Extended Interim Storage
of Low-Level Radioactive Waste".  The copy of SEC-94-198 that I have
list the GL number as YY-XX dated June XX, 1994.  Since I've been
unable to located this on the NRC website, I'm figuring that a) I'm not
looking in the right places, b) I'm not using the right key words and catchy
phases to do the search, or c) the thing was only a draft and never
actually issued.

I would appreciated any information any of you can provide.

Thank you, in advance, for your time and consideration.

Ron LaVera

The correct answer is (c).  To the best of my knowledge, SECY-94-198 has not
been issued in final form.

It's not about dose, it's about trust.

Bill Lipton
liptonw@detroitedison.com