Re: Occupational Dose Limits

>      The interpretation by ICN Biomedicals based on the NUREG/CR-6204, Q/A
>      #33, is correct.  Individuals entering a restricted area are subject
>      to the occupational dose limits, which in the case of minors, would be
>      10% of the adult occupational dose limits.  The licensee has
>      discretionary action in determining prospectively if these individuals
>      require monitoring, however.

It appears that the Standards for Radiation Protection have become
synonymous with the US Tax Code, i.e., very difficult to
interpret, and, make any sense of. Confusing regulations are a
regulator's "fantasy" where any mis-interpretation leaves the
licensee or facility open to fines, and, public attention due to
media coverage. What a way to run an industry that has been around
for quite some time!

------------------
Sandy Perle
Technical Director
ICN Dosimetry Division
Costa Mesa, CA 92626
Office: (800) 548-5100 x2306
Fax:    (714) 668-3111

sandyfl@earthlink.net
sperle@icnpharm.com

ICN Dosimetry Website:
http://www.dosimetry.com

Personal Homepage:

              - G. K. Chesterton -

The opinions expressed are solely, absolutely, positively, definitely those of the author, and NOT my employer