Re: Bacteria in Nuclear Reactors

I remember one report about bacteria in the TMI reactor. This must have
been around 1985 - according to this report the dose rate was something
like 5 Sv/hour and they found some bacterium there! I can
impossibly track the source but it would be nice to have a confirming
reference. Probably a metal oxidizing bacterium ("ferro-oxidans" ??).
If the details of this faint memory of mine are correct - they tell a
story about evolution, DNA repair (probably recA type of induction and
fast division rate)...

Bjorn Cedervall (Stockholm)