Re: Health Physicist Certification

Dear Mr. Schwartz:

The requirements are spelled out on the American Board of Health Physics web
page.  The URL is

                http://phantom.ehs.uiuc.edu/~aahp/abhp/abhp.htm

Basically, the requirements are a suitable degree (physical science or
biological science with physical science minor), six years of professional
experience, two letters of recommendation, and the successful completetion
of an examination.

You may also get information and forms from Nancy Johnson at the
Secretariat, 703-790-1745.  If you have any questions of desire other
information, I will be pleased to help.  You may reach me by phone at
509-375-5643.

Ron Kathren, CHP
President, American Academy of Health Physics