Decommissioning incinerators -Reply

Tony-

I seem to recall an article describing decommissioning of an incinerator in
RPM or HP Journal back in the mid to late 80s.  My research was on
stack sampling radioactive effluent from an operational incinerator - so I
probably didn't keep the article.

Sorry I can't provide a more exact reference.

Regards,
Eric Abelquist
abelquie@orau.gov

>>> D1.OUT."ADC@sghrpcrpg.demon.co.uk" 05/19/98 08:30am >>>

Dear All,

I have an interesting problem I would like some comments on. We have
been using a hospital incinerator for some time to burn mainly I-125,
Tritium but also C-14, Ca-45 etc. We now want to decommission the
incinerator including the chimney. Has anyone had experience of a
similar problem especially as regards measurement of residual
activities.

--
Tony Cotterill
adc@sghrpcrpg.demon.co.uk