RE: Healthy survivor effect -Reply

Actually, in the case of atomic survivors, the healthy survivor made it
through the rigors of post-blast devastation, food and water shortages,
generally poor environmental conditions extant at the time, etc. which might
have caused less hearty individuals to succumb, and are thus selected
individuals.