Re: Wanted: Help interpreting photon spectrum

Energy in keV	Photon emission rate (approx.)

>802.96 +/- 0.25		Po-210
>80.17 +/- 0.02		Au/Hg x-rays
>77.87 +/- 0.02		Au/Hg x-rays
>68.80 +/- 0.02		Au/Hg x-rays
>46.52 +/- 0.02		Pb-210

The lead and polonium are from the Ra-226 decay chain. The x-rays are
probably from flourescence (although I do not see obvious evidence for this
from your
indicated rates) or decay from activation of the gold (not neutron).
Probably not wire
used for activation flux measurements, and other components would be
expected if it were used as an electrode for radon progeny collection.
Perhaps a component of a radium or radon-related device?

Good luck!

Bob Hearn
rah@america.net