AECL strike

You are quite correct - the AECL Technologists (Local 1568, USWA) have
been on strike since 12:01 am Monday, May 18.  As a result, NRU - and
isotope production - has been shut down.  The company (AECL) offered
yesterday (May 20) to accept binding arbitration, and the union is
currently considering its response to this offer - the terms of such
arbitration still need to be determined.

Sara M. Carlisle
Radiation Biology and Health Physics Branch
AECL, Chalk River Laboratories
Chalk River, ON K0J 1J0
Canada

phone (613) 584-8811 extn 3667