Re: Tl-201 contaminated by Tl-202

Eric:

I don't know how common it is today, but "way back when" we had a couple of
clearly visible encounters with the longer-lived contaminant.  In case you're
interested in an example retention time . . . Berger, C.D., B.H. Lane and T.
Hamrick, "Clearance of 202Tl Contaminate Following Intravenous Injection of
201Tl," Health Physics 45 (5):999-1001, 1983 . . . Watson, E., and C. Berger,
"Long-Term Retention of Thallium-202 in a Patient after Thallium-201
Administration," 23rd Annual Meeting of the Southeastern Chapter of the
Society of Nuclear Medicine, Charlotte, North Carolina, October 27-30, 1982.

Carol D. Berger
Integrated Environmental Management, Inc.
CDBerger@IEM-Inc.com