Refueling Water Storage Tank Cleaning

I recently attended a PWR ALARA committee meeting where one of the
attendees mentioned that they had noted a reduction in down stream
component ( Safety Injection, RHR, Motor Operated Valves etc. )
corrective maintenance as a result of routine entry and cleaning of the
Refueling Water Storage tank.

I would be very interested in learning if any other utilities have any similar
information.  I am also interested in knowing how often other utilities
enter their RWST for the purpose of cleaning the tank.
The cleaning process that I refer to is in addition to the routine
recirculation, filtering and ion exchange on the tank.

Thank you in advance for your time and consideration.

Please send replies to

LAVERA.R@NYPA.GOV

Ron LaVera