Noble Gases

G'day all:

I'm looking for info concerning the sampling, not monitoring, of noble
gases (at low concentrations).

I understand that it is possible to compress the air in the field, condense it
in the lab, separate the xenon and krypton by  chromatography, and
analyze by LSC.

But it might also be possible to collect it on refrigerated charcoal and
analyze by gamma spec. Has anyone tried this or has anyone a source
of info? I'd be interested in what mass of charcoal was used, flow rates,
collection efficiency, problems with humidity that sort of stuff.

Thanks

Paul Frame
Professional Training Programs
ORISE