RADSAFE: Spiked Environmental Samples

To the previous response from Judd Sills I would add the following
vendor as well:

	Environmental Resource Associates
	http://www2.eraqc.com/eraqc/default.html

I recall that their last catalog listed some radiochemistry items
to cover the common SDWA and CWA analyses.

I think ERA and others such as Analytics are waiting on the sidelines
to decide whether to become EPA and NELAC/NELAP approved providers.
The two main questions being how the provider requirements will impact
the cost of doing business and how big is the market.  Although the number
of recipients that EPA took care of is known there are only estimates of
how many will be willing to pay $ for this service and
how many folks participated for the heck of it since there was no cost.

>Date: Tue, 02 Jun 1998 13:16:21 -0600
>From: tom baccus <baccus@physics.isu.edu>
>To: radsafe@romulus.ehs.uiuc.edu
>Subject: Spiked Environmental Samples
>
>I am employed in an environmental monitoring laboratory.  Since the
>EPA is discontinuing the PE Study the end of this year, we are in need
>of finding a private vendor to provide a similar service.  Has anyone
>started to investigate this.  If so I would appreciate knowing the
>results and recommendation on possible vendors.  Please reply to
>baccus@physics.isu.edu.
>Thank You.

Donivan Porterfield              (505) 667-4710
Los Alamos National Laboratory   (505) 665-4737 fax
MS G740, NMT-1 (Analytical Chemistry)
Los Alamos, NM  87545             dporterfield@lanl.gov