RE: The Truman Show -Reply

Oops, sorry! Forgot to add my salutation to my previous submittal which
follows.

Regards,
Vince Chase
Radiation Safety Officer
vchase@bi-pharm.com
Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals
The opinions expressed here are those
of the author and do not represent the
opinions, policies or practices of
Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals.

***************************************

A wise man once said, "Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean you're
not being followed.

***************************************
Claude-
Could be ... it just happens that Seahaven is the name of the fictional
town in which Truman lives ... in the soundstage.
Jim

Godzilla is a fictious creature caused by radiation induced mutation.
In the book "Deadly Deceit: Low Level Radiation, High Level Cover-Up,"
Jay Gould and Benjamin Goldman would have us believe that Lyme tick
disease was caused by bacteria mutation induced by radiation released
from Millstone.  They also claim that AIDS was a by-product of the
commencement of the atomic age in 1945.
Boston is between Seabrook and Millstone Nuclear Power Stations and
Brookhaven Lab.  Maybe that's why the Red Sox haven't won a World
Serious!
Claude Flory
Northeast Utilities
floryca@gwsmtp.nu.com <mailto:floryca@gwsmtp.nu.com>

	>>> "CLAUDE A. FLORY"
<FLORYCA@GWSMTP.NU.COM <mailto:FLORYCA@GWSMTP.NU.COM> > 06/08/98 09:34

"Seahaven" = Sea(brook) + (Brook)haven ?  And Millstone is between the
Seabrook Nuclear Power Station and Brookhaven National Lab.
Claude Flory
Northeast Utilities
floryca@gwsmtp.nu.com <mailto:floryca@gwsmtp.nu.com>

	>>> Jim Hardeman
<Jim_Hardeman@MAIL.DNR.STATE.GA.US
<mailto:Jim_Hardeman@MAIL.DNR.STATE.GA.US> > 06/08/98 09:06am >>> Fellow
RADSAFER's ...
My wife, my daughter and I went to see the latest Jim Carrey movie, "The
Truman Show" Saturday afternoon. In the words of the movie website
(www.trumanshow.com <http://www.trumanshow.com> ) ... "Every second of
every day, from the moment he was born, for the last thirty years,
Truman Burbank has been the unwitting star of the longest running, most
popular documentary-soap opera in history. The picture-perfect town of
Seahaven that he calls home is actually a gigantic soundstage. Truman's
friends and family - everyone he meets, in fact - are actors.  He lives
every moment under the unblinking gaze of thousands of hidden TV
cameras."
Not to give away the plot, but during the movie, Truman tries to escape
the soundstage ... during one attempt his efforts are thwarted by, among
other things, a "leak" at the "Seahaven Nuclear Plant". When Truman and
his "wife" are stopped near the gate to the plant and advised by a
"policeman" that there's a leak at the plant and that "this whole area
is being evacuated", Truman jumps out of his car and runs through the
woods, only to be wrestled to the ground by silver-moon-suited
geiger-counter wielding "technicians" ...
When he is returned home, a police officer informs his "wife" that "he's
lucky to be alive".
Doesn't seem like we've made much progress with the entertainment
industry, does it?
Jim Hardeman, Manager
Environmental Radiation Program
Environmental Protection Division
Georgia Department of Natural Resources
4244 International Parkway, Suite 114
Atlanta, GA 30354
(404) 362-2675  fax: (404) 362-2653

<mailto:chawkins@inet.guthrie.org> > 06/08/98 09:21am >>>
Jim Hardeman wrote:
	> Doesn't seem like we've made much progress with
	> the entertainment industry, does it?

Is this a call for a boycott ??

On a related subject, is the existence of Godzilla still being
attributed to nuclear tests ??

--
Chris Hawkins
Radiation Oncology