Re: Conversion: millirad/hr to uR/hr

This is beside the point, but I have heard that new radiation
survey meters, which before showed the dose rate as mR/h or R/h, now
use uSv/h or mSv/h with the conversion 1 R ~ 0.01 Sv (1 R ~ 1 rem).

This may be a good approximation for several practical purposes
(whole body dose and use of the conversion 1 R ~ 0.96 rad for
tissue), but is of course not strictly valid.

I would be glad if someone can correct me if I am wrong, and explain
which assumptions are actually made for displaying the effective dose
rate.

Thanks

Tord P. Walderhaug

Tord P. Walderhaug