Radioiodine Treatment of Thyroid Cancer

I recall a few listings regarding the safety of thyroid cancer
patients undergoing radioiodine treatments being released from the
hospital.  These postings included discussions of exposures to hotel
workers and family members.  I have had a question posed to me about
potiental exposure of a 8 month old infant who's mother is recieving
radioiodine.  Her physician is sending her home to care for the
infant immediately after the treatment.  Fortunately she is not
breast feeding so that is not a concern.  Summaries of the discussion
or opinons would be greatly appreciated.
Stan H. Harts
Environmental Safety Manager
University of North Carolina at Wilmington
601 South College Road
Wilmington, NC 28403-3297
E-Mail:   Hartss@uncwil.edu
Phone:    (910) 962-7017