Open Radiation Safety Technician Position at UC Berkeley

The Office of Radiation Safety at the University of California, Berkeley
has a position open for a Radiation Safety Technician.  We have had this
position open for several months and have received very few responses.  I
don't know  what the problem is.  Can  anyone help me understand this?  Is
there a glut of open positions? A dearth of qualified cadidates? Is it
salary (‰$30k), job requirements, housing prices in the Bay Area? UC
Berkeley (Bezerkely)? Me? Any ideas?

>Please note that there is a supplementary application required for each
>position.

>For the  job posting  visit our web site:

>http://radsafe.berkeley.edu:5016/tech.html

>and for the required supplementary application, visit

>http://radsafe.berkeley.edu:5016/techapp.html

>and for  more information about UC Berkeley employment, visit the Human
>Resources website:

>http://hrweb.berkeley.edu.

>Submit  cover letter,resume, and required supplemental application
>including job #:
>Mail:
>Human Resources-Employment Unit
>207 University Hall, #3450