RE: Activists up in arms over nuclear chocolate vs. "Atomic Fireballs"

1) They grew up with them too, and probably never questioned the name.
2) The candies are not tasteless; they are pretty hot. :-) (For a kid at
least - I ate one a while back and was surprised at how much they had
been 'toned down' until I realized that they probably hadn't been; I had
just burned out my taste buds on Scorned Woman, Melinda's XXXX,
Endorphin Rush, _et_alii_. And the time my wife conned me into eating a
raw habanero ... )

As a kid in the 1950s I remember buying a spicy slightly less than
quarter
sized spherical red colored candy called an "Atomic Fireball". I was
recently
at a pre-school graduations for my 4 year old and they were still
passing out
"Atomic Fireball" candy. They haven't changed a bit in 40 years.

Why have these tongue burning candies not been opposed by activists as
tasteless?

Stewart Farber, MS Public Health
19 Stuart St.
Pawtucket, RI 02860