TLC: Nuclear Holocaust

Radsafers,

On June 30th, I watched the "Nuclear Holocaust" episode of the "Ends of the
Earth" series on The Learning Channel.  The main point was that post cold war
complacency about a devastating nuclear exchange is not justified, considering
the number of warheads remaining in US and Russian arsenals, the state of
Russian safeguards, and the number of new players.

I had no particular quarrel with the main point, but I was disappointed to see
a number of serious misrepresentations about the health effects of radiation.
The show is scheduled to air again on July 5th at 4 p.m. EDT.  Some of you may
care to watch and add your comments to those I sent to:

viewer_relations@discovery.com

Voice comments may be made to viewer relations at 1-888-404-5969.

Howard Prichard