Re[2]: NIH: Electric fields pose cancer risk

What relationship does the vote (VOTE?) of this panel bear to the wealth of
documented, peer-reviewed, published evidence that there is no consistent
dose-response relationship between the magnetic field produced by AC voltages
and cancer or anything else?  I seem to recall an issue of HEALTH PHYSICS about
a year or so ago devoted to this issue.

I am even more concerned that, once again, a government agency does not look at
accumulated, published, experimental evidence, but instead asks people what they
think.  What has happened to the scientific method?  I will not burden or bore
the readership with cases where, because of real concerns about real hazards, we
all look at experimental evidence and data (AIDS transmission comes to mind).
My concern is: what is NIH trying to get at by taking this kind of opinion
survey?  That now opinion is substituted for evidence?  That NIH doesn't want to
believe EMF appears to pose no cancer threat?  What?

Clearly only my own opinion.

Ruth Weiner
rfweine@sandia.gov