postponing RADSAFE mail

For those attending the HPS Annual meeting who don't wish their e-mail
queues filled with RADSAFE mail, you can set your account to "postpone"
mail while gone then reset your account to "ack," "noack" or "digest"
to resume delivery.  Instructions are at the end of this e-mail
message.

I will be leaving for the HPS summer school on Wednesday (8 July) and
proceeding to the annual meeting afterwards (until the 16th).  I'll be
checking my e-mail very infrequently, perhaps even only once a day to
keep my long distance phone charges reasonable.  Therefore, please be
patient if you send me e-mail during that period (and if it can wait
until after I get back, my wallet will thank you).

If you are attending either the summer school or annual meeting, please
don't be a stranger.  I don't bite (too hard :-) ), so just c'mon up
and say hi!

Getting the chattiness out of the way... here's "POSTPONING RADSAFE
MAIL" ...

1. To temporarily halt mail from RADSAFE, send the following message to
listserv@romulus.ehs.uiuc.edu (no subject, or it will fail):

set RADSAFE mail postpone

If you receive e-mail telling you that you aren't a subscriber, it
means that the listserv thinks that your e-mail address has changed
since you subscribed.  In this case, try using the "postpone"
button located on the web<->list gateway located at:

http://romulus.ehs.uiuc.edu/cgi-bin/lwgate/RADSAFE/set.html

To use the gateway, you *must* use the e-mail address with which you
subscribed.  The e-mail address under which you are subscribed was
included in the confirmation message you received when you first
subscribed (you *did* save it, didn't you?).

2. To re-establish mail delivery, send on of the following message (no
subject):

set RADSAFE mail noack

or send this message:

set RADSAFE mail ack

if you wish to receive copies of your own posts.

or send this message:

set RADSAFE mail digest

if you wish to receive messages in digest mode.

OR... (too many choices, I know) if the above fails, use the web<->list
gateway described above and choose the appropriate button.

3. If everything above fails, e-mail me at m-woo@uiuc.edu, but as noted
above, it may be a while before I can get back to you.

--
Melissa Woo, Health Physicist                    |m-woo@uiuc.edu
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign       |ofc 1.217.244.7233