Need assistance shipping material from Australia

Hi all -

Does anyone have suggestions for getting a limited
quantity package (0.2mCi of H-3) shipped out of Australia?

One of our scientists is trying to obtain some material
from a collaborator in Australia.  We tried FedEx
but that appears to be a no go.  (The collaborator
was advised that FedEx doesn't transport radioactive
samples.  Upon my contacting them and inquiring
about limited quantity shipments for research purposes,
I was advised that they do not ship DG's out of Australia
because they use commercial aircraft).

We're now looking at just sending it via the Postal
Service but not sure how expedient this route will be.
I've just ordered a copy of the International Mail Manual
to see what, if anything, we'll be up against.

Suggestions??

Barb Flook

USDA, Beltsville Agricultural Research Center
Beltsville Area RSO

mailto:  bflook@asrr.arsusda.gov
     fax:  (301) 504-6520
 voice:  (301) 504-5557