Units

>	As mentioned, deca is not abbreviated.
We have deciliters in Sweden (especially in the cuisine business, like
in recipes: sugar, milk and flour. For unknown reason margarine usually
comes in grams).

>  Hecto
is widely used here (candy is often price labeled by the
hecto = 100 grams here) and various food stuffs like ground meat is
often measured in hectos. But I know, we are a small population and
would not encourage this to be spread to other countries. I think it is
more important to handle 37/64 of an inch and similar measurements
(while struggling with cubic feet etc many years ago, I learned that
"cc" stands for Canadian Club, at least in B.C., Canada).

bjorn_cedervall@hotmail.com