Re: doubling dose/"low level"

> And, I get your point, but I don't know that the comparison using nitrates
>or cadmium (or most any chemical poison) are applicable.  If I'm not
>mistaken, chemical MPL is set based on the actual onset of health effects.
>(maybe the chemical stuff bothers me more because of my ignorance in this
>area)

NCRP report 96 may be of interest from the standpoint of comparing the
effects of chemicals and radiation.  It is titled "Comparative
Carcinogenicity of Ionizing Radiation and Chemicals" (1989).

Andy

Andrew Karam, MS, CHP
RSO, University of Rochester
(716) 275-3781 (voice)
(716) 256-0365 (fax)
akaram@safety.rochester.edu

"The mind is not a vessel to be filled  but a fire to be lighted"
 Plutarch